Monday, July 4, 2016

UPDATE 7/7/16- I'm Over the Fact We Are in a New Era

UPDATE-Ok, it's July 7th and I have gotten over the fact that players don't stay with one team like in the golden age of Charles Barkley. That was a pun since Charles disliked the Kevin Durant move to Golden State less than this blogger. I have moved on from my statement below and as a fan of the Warriors and Sacramento Kings, (Northern California) I am ready to look forward to watching Kevin play for the Warriors. Welcome to California, Mr. Durant :-)

Kevin Durant is a Great NBA player. Without knowing him, he seems like a good guy.

Sports in general has changed and not necessarily for the better. Imagine if Jerry West had decided in the middle of his career to be traded from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Boston Celtics to evolve his game and take it to the next level. Chasing $$$$ and championships has eclipsed team loyalty.

Players in all sports chasing dollars and championships has been going on for a long time now and it appears there is no turning back. A great player staying with one team because they truly want to play for that team is a thing of the past and will be rare in the future. This is sad for old timers like myself and maybe for younger fans who don't want to see their best players leave for greener pastures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

These pictures are of my dog Willie over the years. I have not blogged in several years and now I plan to return to it. We don't have an...