Thursday, July 28, 2016

SF Giants and the MIA Offense

I attended the series finale against the Cincinnati Reds at AT&T park on Wednesday afternoon. Madison Bumgarner pitched a good game and so did the bullpen. It was a beautiful day at the yard. Game time temps at 70 degrees. The only thing ugly was the scoreboard. The crowd really did not have much to cheer for. This has been going on for too long. The final score 2-1.

The Reds are better than their record. However, the Giants offense is making every pitcher they face look like Cy Young  candidates. I keep looking for the Giants to make a move for another bat or two before the trade deadline. I keep hoping to see something on Bleacher Report saying help is on the way. I understand that a couple players are out with injuries, but every team has that issue going into August.

Mistakes in the outfield on defense and strong arms that were not accurate cost the Giants yesterday. That being said, very few games are ever won when the offense can only put one run on the board.

The Giants take on a much tougher team tonight with Johnny Cueto going against Tanner Roark and the Nationals.

Go Cueto! Go Giants!!!

Pictures from game 7/27/2016
















No comments:

Post a Comment

These pictures are of my dog Willie over the years. I have not blogged in several years and now I plan to return to it. We don't have an...