Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Can the SF Giants Restart their Engines?

I have not written for a few days. My interest in the Giants has not waned.  I have been busy with job searching. I also question my priorities! LOL

I will start this post with a positive. The fans appreciation for Ryan Vogelsong last night was totally awesome. Their reaction as he walked to the mound in the first inning shows the great class that SF fans display at every game. Ryan picked up the win last night. I was happy for him despite the fact it came at the Giants expense.

The last few games have seen some real ups and downs. Unfortunately, there have been more downs than ups since the all-star break. The teams play has me screaming in my apartment sometimes. Why?

  1. Poor decision making. Last night for example with two outs and the pitcher coming to the plate  we pitched to Polonco. Gregory was already responsible for three Pirates runs. Why not intentionally walk him or at least pitch around him? I was totally dumbfounded when he got a pitch right over the middle of the plate.
  2. The bullpen has imploded too many times since the all-star break. I understand you have to go with your best guys and overall the bullpen has done a good job or the Giants would not still have a 1/2 game lead in the West. That being said this blogger and many other couch coaches have suggested since spring training that the Giants need an additional closer. 
  3. When the offense shows up it is so wonderful. Usually when the team gets five runs a W is on the scorecard. Go back to #1 and the outcome of this game might have been different. The team has had several offensive droughts since the all-star game. One or two runs does not win many games. 
(Great catch by Hunter Pence. Watch the video courtesy of MLB.com by clicking HERE.

I'm always a positive guy. The Orange and Black are still in first place. Players have regained their health. The team has a good home schedule for the rest of this month. This blogger wants to see smarter play, better decision making, consistent offense and an addition to the closing rotation to take the pressure off Santiago Casilla. 

Jeff Samardzija is back on the mound against Pittsburgh's Jameson Taillon at 7:15 PST

Go Samardzija! Go Giants!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

These pictures are of my dog Willie over the years. I have not blogged in several years and now I plan to return to it. We don't have an...